St. Stanislaus Roman Catholic Church, South Deerfield, Massachusetts
St. Stanislaus was the second Roman Catholic church in South Deerfield, a village of the town of Deerfield. It formed in 1908 to provide a religious home for the large number of recent Polish Catholic immigrants in South Deerfield, who were culturally distinct from the predominantly French, Irish, and German Catholics who had come before them. In its first hundred years, St. Stanislaus experienced several major changes. In 1929, a dissident group formed their own congregation, Holy Name of Jesus Church, affiliated with the Polish National Catholic Church. In 1948, the church was remodeled. Then in 2008, in the face of declining congregations and financial strains, the Diocese of Springfield, Massachusetts, decided to close nearby St. James church and create a new parish at St. Stanislaus. The new parish took the name Holy Family Parish.